Understanding Salt And It's Impact on Plant Material
- Virtually all fertilizers have a salt index (a measure of the salt concentration).
- Sodium nitrate has a value of 100. Either fertilizers have a value less than or greater than sodium nitrate.
- The higher the salt index the potential damage to plant increases.
Smart Nitrogen From Nitro-30® is the First Step In Avoiding Salts
- Nitro-30 has the lowest salt index of any nitrogen source.
- Avoid root and foliar salt burn with low salt fertilizers.
- Low volume spray is both safe and highly effective with Growth Products Nitro based fertilizers
- Reduces water usage
- Less trips for refilling tank saving time and labor
Devastating Effects of Salt
- High salts burn both roots and foliage
- Reduces the amount of water available to plant
- Stunted growth
- Continues to accumulate
- Growth becomes water logged and plant becomes more prone to disease
- Use Growth Products low salt products
- Organic products which contains Humic acid, L-amino acids absorb sodium ions.
- Incorporate products that contain high % of organic matter such as Essential Plus into your regular maintenance program.